The Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance is seeking a new President for the organization, as the current President is retiring in early 2011. The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance plays a key role in economic development and supports manufacturers through the provision of training, process improvements, and access to professional resources to grow their business.
The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance is a private, not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. It was founded by Oklahoma’s small to medium-sized manufacturers, working cooperatively with the State of Oklahoma. The Alliance represents Oklahoma as one of 60 affiliates of the national Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), an initiative of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The Alliance coordinates a network of services that allows Oklahoma’s manufacturers to achieve higher levels of value-added production and compete more successfully in national and international markets. Currently in its eighteenth year of operation, The Alliance fields twenty Manufacturing Extension Agents and five Applications Engineers. There is a central office staff of seven.
As President of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance, the successful candidate will play a leading role in developing strategy for modernizing Oklahoma’s industrial base.
The President will, in consultation and cooperation with the Oklahoma Alliance’s Board of Directors:
- Formulate policies, programs, and evaluation criteria in support of The Alliance’s goals.
- Develop and implement the Alliance’s strategic and business plans.
- Report to the Board on their implementation.
- Marketing the Alliance’s goals.
- Obtaining public and private funding for the Alliance.
- Maintaining and enhancing systematic communications with Alliance clients, private and public-sector partners, other Manufacturing Extension Partnership affiliates, and others in the state’s community of manufacturing service providers.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with public sector entities such as the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology, the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the Higher Education System, and the Career and Technical Education system, as well as working with private sector entities.
- Experience in developing strategic relationships with the business and commercial sectors.
- Executive experience in managing budgets, contracts, and operations.
- Experience working collaboratively with manufacturers, academic institutions, and government entities.
- Experience in developing partnerships with public and private sector organizations.
- Experience in building a strong and effective management team.
- Demonstrated skill in working within the political arena and with elected officials.
The successful candidate for this dynamic organization will possess strong leadership skills, demonstrated administrative ability, entrepreneurial management skills, organizational awareness, political sensitivity, and the ability to establish rapport with numerous Alliance constituencies.
An ELECTRONIC letter of interest and resume must be submitted by November 29, 2010 to:
Revised October 21, 2010