As America’s oil and gas markets plummeted to record lows, most production — and drilling — dependent companies faced business challenges in the past year. Many have left the industry for good. But Oklahoma City’s Centek not only managed to ride the unpredictable markets, it maintained and expanded its customer base while thriving internally in countless ways.
Centek manufactures centralizers used by oil and gas well operators to get casing to the bottom of wells smoothly and efficiently. Centralizers also keep the casing straight and centered to achieve a good cement sheath around the pipe.
It’s parent company, Centek Ltd in the United Kingdom, was drawn in 2012 to strong U.S. energy opportunities. The company built it’s Centek Inc. factory in Oklahoma City, producing uniquely engineered centralizer products set apart by quality design, reliability and reputation.
As Centek Inc. celebrates its fourth birthday in 2016, President and COO John Carnuccio credits the hard work and dedication of the company’s 50 Oklahoma employees for achievements telling the story not only of a great company that can withstand difficult times — but also of a great team of people with lots of heart:
- The company manufactured its one millionth centralizer in the U.S. this year.
- Employees volunteered at Oklahoma’s Regional Food Bank during business hours when time allowed — working more than 1,620 hours to package 363,695 meals for Oklahomans’ in need.
- Oklahoma’s Manufacturing Alliance’s honored Centek with it’s coveted 2016 Excellence in Community Engagement award.
- Centek reached one year of no recordable OSHA injuries and continues this trend to date.
- In 2015, Centek was also honored as:9th among the top 40 “Best Places to Work in Oklahoma.”
- 5th on the Metro 50 winners list, honoring the fastest growing, privately-owned companies in the Oklahoma City region.
- Winner of Governor Mary Fallin’s Manufacturing Leadership Award for progressive, forward-thinking, successful market practices.