The deadline for this
position has passed.
The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance has an opening for a manufacturing extension agent. This extension agent will be headquartered on the campuses of Rose State College and Oklahoma State University Oklahoma City and will serve the central Oklahoma City region.
The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance is unique in fielding a statewide network of manufacturing coaches and experts located in the communities they serve, readily accessible when needs arise. Manufacturing Extension Agents provide outreach to companies, often in rural, underserved areas of the state. From marketing to engineering and even financing for capital improvements, the Manufacturing Alliance calls on a comprehensive network of private and public entities to assist manufacturers. Manufacturing Extension Agents work closely with higher education institutions and other partners to identify and coordinate and manage growth projects, cost savings projects, and training opportunities.
Those interested should send resumes and related materials to:
DEADLINE: February 1, 2019
Duties and Accountabilities
- assist local manufacturers to develop a strategy and vision of what it takes to become progressively more successful in their marketplace.
- assist local manufacturers to identify improvement projects that will help them to compete at higher levels of value- added production and to help diagnose problems that may limit a firm’s competitiveness;
- assist sponsoring partner to promote training and services they provide to manufacturers
- assist sponsoring partner to find manufacturing internships, scholarships and placement of students in manufacturing positions when applicable.
- assist local manufacturers to develop plans to implement these improvements or to solve their problems;
- assist local manufacturers to implement their plans and achieve their performance goals through the effective use of local, regional, state, and national manufacturing assistance resources;
- assist local firms to evaluate the quality and responsiveness of the industrial assistance resources;
- communicate with other members of the extension system about manufacturers’ needs;
- assist local manufacturers to evaluate and improve the quality and responsiveness of the Manufacturing Extension Agents and others in the extension system;
- assist The Alliance to recruit member firms who share an interest in manufacturing modernization;
- promote firm-to-firm cooperation and the establishment of joint solutions to common problems; and,
- maintain records and provide reports as required by The Alliance for client tracking, case management, and performance evaluation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- demonstrated ability to interact with the local owners, CEOs, and managers of small to medium-sized manufacturers;
- demonstrated ability to recruit local owners, CEOs and managers of small to medium-sized manufacturers into associations, work groups, advisory groups, or the like;
- demonstrated ability to work with local firms to facilitate meetings, workshops, and technical seminars; to manage the input from participants; to assimilate their individual ideas into commonly accepted systems; and to develop these into a shared vision;
- demonstrated ability to diagnose practical manufacturing and business problems or to implement competitiveness- enhancing projects with local manufacturing firms;
- demonstrated ability to assist manufacturing firms to implement modernization plans or to solve modernization problems;
- demonstrated ability to locate and arrange for the delivery of services or products from vendors, suppliers, or service providers to local firms;
- demonstrated management and project-evaluation ability;
- a combination of related practical professional responsibility and experience (formal education and/or training is strongly preferred); and demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and in depth, coupled with the ability to communicate clearly.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Degrees in engineering, industrial technology, business administration or related area desired.
- Technical Sales Experience is a plus.
- Experience: Significant private sector experience in a manufacturing business environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing a long-term strategy for modernization desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Must be able to drive for long periods of time and physically maneuver in a manufacturing facility.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel requires exposure to outside elements at times.