The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance has an opening for a manufacturing extension agent serving companies in northeastern Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance:
The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance is a nonprofit organization that is part of the MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) national network. We work as business consultants serving the manufacturing community of Oklahoma through our statewide network of manufacturing extension agents and applications engineers. Our services are designed to improve manufacturing companies in the areas of strategy, structure, processes, tools and methods, metrics, and people.
The Manufacturing Extension Agent’s Role:
The primary role of the MEA (Manufacturing Extension Agent) is to provide outreach to small and medium size manufacturers and are assigned to designated regions throughout the state of Oklahoma. They are the trusted advisor working with manufacturers to help them grow and evolve, aiding in the development of business excellence in people, process, and strategy to drive center revenue and economic impact.
This role will be required to work in a team environment with Regional Business Consultants and Manufacturing Specialists.
Essential Accountabilities and Responsibilities (percentage of total time):
Opportunity Management and Execution – 35%
Accountable to generate leads independent of the Regional Business Consultant as well as ownership of the account management process for assigned accounts.
Client Relationship and Account Management – 30%
Accountable to perform client check-ins to maintain the relationship, impact and progress on engagements (business scouting, business to business support, supplier/resource support etc.).
CRM Reporting and Management – 15%
Accountable to enter all account documentation in CRM to ensure data integrity and effective account management.
Integration with Regional Business Consultant and Delivery – 10%
Accountable to ensure a partnership is maintained between the Regional Business Consultant and Delivery resources to manage the client account because of the scope of work engagement.
Stakeholder Relationship Management – 5%
Accountable to maintain positive relationship with regional stakeholders, which includes the economic development partners, educational partners, and sponsors.
Continuous Learning – 5%
Accountable to partner with direct manager to create and maintain a personal and professional development plan.
- Strong Manufacturing Experience as well as Relationship Sales/Account management including the following experience and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have relationship sales/account management experience
- This role schedules appointments with owners, C-level, presidents and executive
- Strong understanding of sales processes and sales growth methodologies
- Excellent communication and people skills are a must
- Must have a strong business acumen and have the ability to learn about a company’s operations and act as a trusted advisor to the executive leadership
- Required to develop the industry knowledge to become a “Business Builder” and educator to our clients
- Must be well versed in manufacturing methods in order to understand the client’s needs to jointly develop an action plan that the client is willing to pursue
- Must be a brand ambassador of the Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance
- Must be self-managed and driven to achieve measurable results and work remotely
- Must be hands on with a high level of drive, energy, and integrity
- Must be willing to travel within Northeast Oklahoma (approximately 90-mile radius)
To apply or for more details on the position and the responsibilities please email: firstname.lastname@example.org